Air Force Base Network Administrator
Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid personal time, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Trinity Technology Partners Inc. is a fast growing, SBA 8(a) certified company that has open positions available for immediate hire! We provide solutions to our customers at the Federal, State, and Local levels and the Department of Defense. We are seeking a motivated career- and customer-oriented network administrator to join our team in Dayton, Ohio.
As the network administrator, you will be assigned to the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) located on the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, which supports the
Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT) Studies program.
As network administrator you can expect to:
• Perform administration duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, hubs, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, network bridges, modems, ISDN adapters, firewalls and other related network hardware.
• Install and maintain network cabling throughout the NASIC enterprise to include outlying buildings.
• Install router/switches.
• Install network cabling to include fiber terminations and network connections.
• Remove unused network cabling and equipment.
• Work with mission partners, customers and distant-end locations as directed to plan, install, configure and maintain communications system circuits.
• Propose network designs, schedule installations and schedule network maintenance with customers and appropriate SC entities in accordance with NASIC enterprise policies and directives.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering).
• An additional 4 years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree.
• 5 years of relevant technical experience in the administration of network equipment.
• US Citizenship is required and an Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
• When required you must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
• Must have a firm grasp and knowledge of fiber and copper-based Ethernet technologies, capabilities, and cabling and their connectivity to local and wide area networks.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction.
• Interpersonal skills to enable working and interacting with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
• Must have professional attitude, appearance, and possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Certified Fiber Optics Installer (CFOI) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional/Engineer (CCNP/CCNE) are required.
• Capability of climbing ladders and lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.